Man, we were a sight to see on the trains from Munich to Switzerland. We were all soooo exhausted and did not want to be carrying our huge bags. We had about 4 hours of sleep and 6 hours of travel time ahead of us. We made it- FINALLY.
It wasn't actually raining when we got here, but it was about to. We found the hostel and settled in. They gave us two tokens a day for hot drinks/laundry! SCORE. We went to a local place for dinner and spent a fortune. Switzerland is SO SO SO expensive. Literally 50 apiece for dinner. Buuuuut it was all you can eat fondue and we ate a lot. It was really good. We came home stuffed to the brim, took showers, and went to bed.
Today, we woke up and I ran straight down to use the washing machine. Luckily, there was no line yet. This is the first time in 25 days that I have done laundry in a machine. I've washed some things by hand and just not washed some other things. Sick. It feels soooooooooooooooo good to be in really really clean clothes.
Then, we asked our hostel workers what there was to do here when it rains. All of the excursions are out of the question. So, sadly, no paragliding in the Alps for me. They told us about some 'indoor waterfalls' that are close by. We decided to go since it was our only option of something to do in Switzerland and we had to travel sooo far to get here. We took a bus up through some beautiful countryside. The waterfalls were cool, I guess, but definitely nothing to write home about. And they are not indoor. So we were wet, cold, and a little let down after the trip. Its raining and about 41 degrees.... and I am in chacos. Not fun.
We headed to the supermarket and bought some things to make dinner tonight. I guess we'll just take it easy and plan our beach time on Cinque Terre! Hooray!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment