Thursday, September 16, 2010

Perfecto!

"Got my (umm) butt? in the water, toes in the sand. Not a care in the world, a cold beer in my hand; life is good today, life is good today!!"

Today was perfect and life is GOOD! I woke up early this morning, watched the sunrise over the mountains, ate my croissant and drank my capucchino! Then, I got ready, walked to the little market next door and gathered some things for lunch. I got to the beach about 10:00 and layed out, read, swam, listened to music, wrote postcards, and wrote in my journal til about 5:00. P-E-R-F-E-C-T and just what I needed. The beach was a rock beach, which I had never been to before and didn't think I would like, but it was awesome. No sand to get stuck to everrrrrything.

The only drawback to today was the fact that after the beach, you have to walk back up the thousands of stairs back to the hostel. Talk about a workout!!! I was dyinnng when I got to the top. I showered, am still ejoying the view and am hoping to upload some pictures! FINALLY!

We booked an excursion to Capri tomorrow! Its the island we were originally planning to stay on and is gorgeous. The boat will pick us up in the morning, take us over to Capri and around all day. We can get off on the island, swim around the boat, go to the grottos or anything we like- plus lunch and all day drinks are included! YES!! I can't wait.

Love you guys!!

*stairs are rough
*I fell in the street on the day we left Rome and scuffed my knee
*it hurts
*I had to buy more lotion and was realllly worried because I am particular about the kind I like (and yall know how much I love lotion) anyway I ended up with this Nivea Soft Creme stuff and it is SO AMAZING! I hope I can get it in the states.
* its weird to say 'the states'
*This part of Italy feels like Mexico and I have to resist the urge to say hola to everyoe
*we had FANTASTIC take out pizza last night
* I want to steal the massage chair thats in our room- think I can carry it around?
*Italians are friendly
*people in America should call everyone beautiful
* I am going to go on an incredible workout program when I get home so I can look like the Australin girls that are everywhere
* I loooooveee it here but really miss home!!!
*and mexican food
*especially some julios
* and ICE

1 comment: