Monday, September 20, 2010

Pisa!!

We got up this morning and ate breakfast at the hostel. It was weird not waking up to the beach and throwing on your bathing suit to be ready for the day. We met Sam and Steph and headed for the train station. The train was only about an hour and 20 minutes and it was so great to have them to talk to the whole way. They actually couldn't figure out how to validate their tickets before we got on the train and got charged 40 euro in fees. Whoops. In some respects, it is DEFINITELY easier to have a Eurail pass.

We ended up in Pisa around 1 and were starving. We wandered into shops and things along our way and then sat down to lunch. Pisa ended up being a way bigger city than I expected and it took us a while to get to the tower.

But, we finally found it and it was SO cool! It really is majorly leaning and looks crazy. You can tour it (too expensive for us) so there were actually people standing on top of it- which makes it look even more weird. It was really fun, and actually suprisingly difficult to take all of the stupid pictures of us leaning against it and holding it up. haha. We had a good time. I probably could have taken 100 more, but my camera died and the girls had to get back.

We all passed out on the train back. I don't know why I've been so tired lately. Sarah went to look at a Piazza that overlooks the city and I headed back to the hostel. I said goodbye to the girls and got on the internet for a bit. Then, I went and got some dinner and scouted out the markets. I am soooo excited to shop tomorrow.

We are waking up suuuppppperrrr early to be some of the first in line to see the David! It should be amazing. I am going to try to squeeze in the Duomo Dome and the Uffizi gallery too, but I just don't know what I'll have time for. We are catching a night train to the debauchery of Oktoberfest tomorrow night. EEK. Long day, but it should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment