Friday, September 10, 2010

I take it back...

I don't hate McDonald's being over here; I LOVE IT!!! They have free wifi!! I got up early to bring my computer and blog to my heart's content, but the computer is dead so its iPhone to the rescue again.

Bonjourno!
We arrived in Venice yesterday morning and it is wonderful!! The ride here on the train was absolutely the prettiest view we have had so far. Sarah and I spent over half of the trip taking pictures out of the window. I still don't think any of those pictures can do justice to just how amazing it was though.
I am going to have to dub Venice the easiest city to get lost in. It is actuall really small, but there are winding streets that deadend into a canal all over. It took us forverrrrr to find our hostel. We were so tired by the time we made it and were just hoping they had room for us. It js actually a pretty cool place- older and just the bare necessities, but good. Overall, Venice is beautiful though and the weather couldn't be more perfect!! It's in the high 70s and I finally got to break out my shorts and dresses! Now it feels like summer :). I am hoping this weather keeps up for our whole stay in Italy.

Last night, we got something to eat (I had some delicious spaghetti) and we just wandered around. We took a traghetto (little tiny boat the takes you straight across the grand canal) and eventually made it to St. Mark's square. We got there just as it was getting dark and the evening lights were coming on. Beautiful. J have already taken about 1000 pictures here and I love everyone of them. It is easy to be a great photographer when your subject is so wonderful on its own.
OHHH!! I forgot to mention- WHOOOOOOOP!!! I was walking in a square and heard someone yell out "hey are you an aggie?!" Some guy (class of '02) had spotted my ring in Venice! Can you believe it? We talked for a little bit and laughed at how small the world really is. Good bull!! I love Aggies.
I love that everyone in venice says ciao, Bella! The language is my favorite to hear so far. Today we plan to just wander around and not even look at our map. With no place to go, you can't be lost! We are going to try to get back to our hostel this afternoon to rest a little bit and I am going to drag my now- charging computer back here to mcdonalds to blog again!
Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment