Hi All!
So sorry I haven't been blogging lately! Internet has been touch and go for the past few days.
We left Interlaken VERY VERY VERY excited to get away from the rain. We had a fullll day of trains ahead of us, but it was going to be worth it to get to the Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre means five lands and, thus, is five little towns on the cliffs of the northern Italian coast. We had heard nothing but wonderful things about it and couldn't wait for some beach and sun. We FINALLY got there about 4 in the afternoon and it was blazing hot and perfect. We just settled in to the hostel and called it an early night so we could get going first thing in the morning.
Unfortunately, we woke up to raging winds the next morning. We put on our bathing suits anyway and headed out, but ended up spending the whole day ducking in and out of shops to keep warm. We did make it to all of the five towns during the day though. It was fun to see them all. They are beautiful- lots of multicolored houses squished in on the edges of the cliffs.
The next day, Stef and I were absolutely determined to spend some time in the sun. So, we packed up and rented our chairs on the beach. We were literally the only people out there for a couple of hours and sort of froze, but it was worth it. We got a few good hours of sun, read our books, and relaxed all day.
The next day was really nice! We climbed out on some big rocks and sunbathed all day. A great ending to our time there. All in all, I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was Positano. It was nice- just very touristy. The food wasn't as good and there was nothing to do at night. But, we did enjoy a few days of good sun and I am still working on my tan :)
That night, we caught a night train to Paris! I still hate night trains. Hate them. This one wasn't too too bad, but I am glad to say that it was my last. Paris is so lovely. The weather has been very touch and go- rainy and a little chilly. But we are powering through and seeing the sights. I will leave all the details to my next post (which I promise will be soon!!)
For now,
Au Reviour
No comments:
Post a Comment