So I went to bed about 1. Got up at 5. Wandered around in the dark until I found a bus stop. Rode the bus to Victoria station. Bought an 18 pound ticket to the airport. Got to the airport, checked in (my bag only weighs 18 kilos!) and sat to wait for the flight. There were about ten people waiting standby as well and one got on.
So they told us there wouldn't be anymore flights for the day and that everyone that works for delta has gone home for the day. Terrific. I knew I wasn't going to get on today, but I really wanted to talk to someone in person about what I am supposed to do the next few days. Apparently it's school holidays here so a lot of people are traveling and all o the flights are overbooked. They gave me a number to call (super helpful since I have no phone) and sent me on my way. I found a payphone and waited on hold for half an hour before I talked to someone. She was really nice but couldn't look at the standby info so she wasn't that helpful- then the phone cut off. Sooo I talked to another guy on standby and everyone seems to be saying we won't get out til maybe tues but that we can try as much as we want. Trouble is, it's expensive and it takes forever to get out there so if I dot have a chance, I don't want to go.
I finally put some money on skype credit so I can call local numbers. I called again and talked to a guy that was really helpful. He put me on a flight on Sunday and said I seem to have a good chance. He's having me fly out of Heathrow so I can have better chances and more options.
In the meantime, I still have a few museums in London to see, I never made it to topshop (and plan to) annnnd I still have steve in town, am meeting Wendy for drinks tonight, Michael comes tomorrow, and I should get to see Sam and steph while I'm here as well!!! Those are pretty much all of my favorite people I met traveling so it'll be good to cap off the trip by seeing them all one last time :).
I will be so so ready and so so excited to get out on Sunday though!! Say some prayers for me please!
No comments:
Post a Comment