I don't know if I have any followers now that I'm back, but I am going to finish it out anyway and update on the rest of my trip. I think I actually might keep this blog for awhile and see what I have to say... we'll see how it goes.
So, yes, I tried to leave London on Thursday to no avail. I was meant to leave on Sunday after that. I spent the weekend hanging out with friends and loving life. Steve introduced me to Olga and Marta (two fantastic sisters from Poland who now live and go to school in London). They welcomed me into their life and opened their house and their hearts to me the whole time I was there. We also got Michael back to the group (he had been visiting other friends in the UK) and Michael's brother Steve (who is living in London and working for a circus hahaha- seriously though, he is). We hung out all day and went out every night and just had the best time. It was so so so great to get to see the 'locals' side of London. I had already been to several of the museums and seen the main sights so we just shopped, drank coffee and tea, went to parks, and really got a feeling for London life. I loved it. London is such an eclectic and diverse city and it was really fun to explore.
On Saturday, I called to check the status of my Sunday flight. Turns out it was overbooked as well and there was no hope for me to get out. I was definitely not keen on going to the airport and waiting for a flight I had no chance to get on (and I was having a blast with my London friends). So, I booked the hostel for a few more nights and planned to leave on Tuesday.
Sunday, we went to the markets on Brick Lane with the whole group. These markets have everrrrything under the sun. I seriously would have been in trouble if I lived anywhere close and it was feasible for me to get things home after I bought them. There were tons of antique booths with the best clothes, furniture, and random nick-nacks I had ever seen. It was soooo fun to just explore. We shopped and played and ate all day. Eventually we found a table in the sun and relaxed, ate, and enjoyed the rest of the day. It was perfect.
Monday was my last day. Last day in London. Last day with my friends. Last day in Europe. Last day of my big adventure. It was such a weird feeling. It was going to be hard to say goodbye to all of the above. I was really looking forward to going home, but going home also meant it had to be the end. I spent my last day trying to be a good tourist and going to several museums, but it didn't take long to realize that that wasn't how I wanted to end the trip. So Steve, Michael, and I just found a park where we could lay in the sun, listen to music, and enjoy the day instead. That night, we headed back to Olga's and met the rest of the group to get ready for a massssive night out.
We had a crazy, eventful, funnn funnn funnnn night out and I made it to bed around 7 am. I slept for around 2 hours and was out the door by 9:30 am to make it to the airport. Blah. Luckily, I made it on my flight and safely home to the US and my family!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment