Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bath Spa

I am in heaven again.

After our big night out on the town, Megan took Loc and me to the Bath Spas. Ooooooohhhhh my goodness, y'all. It was spectacular. We had three hours of swimming pools, rooftop hot tubs, saunas, foot baths, hot showers, and more. I was in heaven.

Later that day, Loc and I got lunch and then went to the movies to see Wall Street. It was a weird experience to be in a movie theatre.... it almost felt like too normal of a thing to be doing in Europe. I didn't really enjoy the movie and probably could have used a nap instead, but oh well. We had a good time.

That night, we cooked back at the house again. I have been introduced to Parsnips and never want to say goodbye. They are delicious. Then, we watched tv again and I crashed on the couch. Now I am known for falling asleep every time you put me in front of a tv. ha.


Saturday, Loc and I decided to be proper tourists and see the sights of Bath. We went to the Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, the Circus, Royal Crescent, Pultney Bridge, and Pultney Road. The Roman Baths were awesome. Its incredible how much engineering and architecture they were capable of so long ago. I am very glad our bathing techniques have come such a long way since then though. We learned about how they would go through a series of rooms that got increasingly hotter in order to acclimate their bodies to the heat. Then, they would soak in a reallly hot bath and then get an oiled massage. The oil was then scraped off of their bodies to 'clean' them. Then, they went back into the sauna and gradually back out into the cooler air. It sounds pretty nice to me, but probably not a way to get very clean.

Bath is absolutely gorgeous. I love seeing the trees change color on the rolling hills. I had the best best best time with the girls and was sad to leave for Oxford today! It should be really good though.

Random facts: Nicolas Cage has a house in the circus and Johnny Depp has one in the Royal Crescent!

Miss you alll!!! I'm on the countdown to come home.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment