Paris was absolutely wonderful. I spent my last day buying socks (harder to do than you would think in Europe), eating crepes (one of my new favorite foods), and laying around the hostel with Steve. It was exactly what I needed- nice and relaxing. We ended the night drinking Kroenbourg which is a really fantastic beer and watching Old School.
I had to get up early on Wednesday to make my train to London. I headed up to the station really early and got a surprise I was sooo not ready for. I kind of forgot that you have to go through a customs point because, with the Eurail Pass, you never do. So, I went through the line to leave France and they just stamped my passport (YAYYY a STAMP) and said bye. Then, I had to get in another line to get into England... IT WAS AWFUL. The guy started interrogating me about who I was, where I was from, where I was staying, how I met the people I knew in england, when I was leaving, how I was leaving, when, how I was funding my trip, and onnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnn. I was just having a conversation at the beginning and then I realized that he was absolutely not being friendly with me. After about 15 minutes he said he didn't think he was going to let me in and then yelled at me about how this was HIS country and why should I get to come in. He told me that if he was in America, they would deport him and that I needed to respect them and blah blah blah. After about 30 minutes of that, he had me crying and wondering why I really did want to go to England. Eventaully, after all of that, he let me go. I barely had time to run to my train before it left. I had planned on spending an hour or two in London on my way through, but was definitely not in the mood after all of that so I just headed on to Bath.
It really is sooo nice to be in a country where you can read everything and understand everyone. I do already miss hearing all of the different accents and seeing the different cultures though.
Megan and Loc met me at the train station and we had a fantastic first day walking around, shopping, and catching up over afternoon tea. Its so nice to be with them for a few days!! Megan's house is so fun and her roommates are wonderful. They have been so welcoming.
I'll update on the last few days later. Miss you all!!! xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment