Saturday, October 16, 2010

Budapest!!!

Ahhh welcome to Budapest! Its gorgeous!

Loc and I woke up early this morning and started the day. We wanted to just sight-see and do a little of everything. We started off the morning by walking down the Danube, went to the Buda Castle, took pictures of the city sky-line, climbed the Bazilica tower, and saw sooo much more. Budapest has a lot to offer. Its another difficult country to be in just because we do not speak or understand the language AT ALL. We literally can't say anything to anyone. But, we have managed to get around pretty easily all in all. Loc had traditional Goulash soup for lunch and we also say a commercial being filmed... we're going to pretend like it was Angelina Jolie because we heard she was shooting a movie in town. ha.

Everyyyyone we have met traveling that has been through Budapest told us about the amazing nightlife so we wanted to check it out. We headed to a Soviet-style bar call Szimpla pretty early in the night and just chatted and had some beers. It was really nice and chill. We met a few people who probably only approached us because they heard someone speaking English. haha- funny when that's such a phenomenon to hear. After that, we headed to another bar our hostel recommended and danced danced danced. It was awesome. It was very authentic, eastern-European, techo-ish music and people reallllly get into it. Its nothing like we dance at home so it was fun just to let loose and do as the locals do. (or at least try).

We got in sooo sooo sooo late and slept til 10:30 this morning. Our clothes reeeeeek of smoke (drawback of not being in the states). After we got going this morning, we headed to the Baths here in Budapest. They were awesome. Its like $10 for a whole day pass to saunas, steam rooms, tons of pools with varying temps, outdoor heated pools, and more. We were there for hours and hours just pampering ourselves and wasting the day away. LIFE IS GOOD!

We got home just a little while ago and ate chinese food while watching a movie on the hostel couch. Perfect ending to a great weekend. I'm about to hop in the shower. We have another full day of sightseeing tomorrow and should get back in to Bath realllllllllllllllllllllllly late.

Then London on Monday!! HOORAY!

The countdown is on to come home!!! I have such mixed feelings. I am soo sooo sooo excited to come home and hug my family and friends and have all of the conveniences of home, but this trip has been incredible. I have seriously had the time of my life and have seen such amazing things, met such phenomenal people, and experienced things that I never would have if I stayed in my bubble back home. I definitely have caught the traveling bug and this won't be my last time to get a stamp in my passport. :)

xxx Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment