'ello from Oxford.
Sadly, I am sooooo happy to have legit internet at my disposal, I haven't gotten out much in Oxford yet. I was exhausted last night so I just walked around for a few minutes and found food. I ate at a place called Mission Burrito that is literally a Chipotle with a different name. Same menu, look, taste, everything. It was gooood.
Then, I came back to the hostel and played on the internet all night. I started uploading pictures and got to skype with two of my favorites! YAYYYYYYYY I made the mistake of looking at the ACL lineup that I'm missing and was soooooo upset that I didn't get to go this year. I would never have traded this trip for that, but man! those were some great bands.
This morning, I got up and headed out to see the city. It is one of the prettiest places I've been- very very quintessential English. Love it. I toured through five or so colleges today (Trinity, Christ Church, Corpus Christi, University, and one more I can't remember). They were all beautiful! I do think its weird though that visitors to campus have a very strict path they can follow and are NOT allowed to deviate. So, you don't at all get a feel for a campus. I understand that they don't want to interfere with students' studies, but I would have liked a little more freedom to walk the grounds.
I got tired this afternoon and just headed back to the hostel for a nap. I want to look up where I need to go for HARRY POTTER stuff eeeeeeeeeeeeek! I plan to do the castle tomorrow and see a few more of the colleges. Hopefully I can find a tower view of the city somewhere.
I am desperately trying to keep myself from buying a pair of sweatpants here. I do not have room for them in my bag, but they look sooooo tempting. Plus, its gotten pretty chilly.
Alright, I'm off to plan out my day tomorrow and to check in on the weather in Budapest/London! I can't believe I only have 10 or so days left. sad!
xxxxxxxxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment