Monday, August 30, 2010

Back at it!

Goodmorning!
I was exhausted after my 13 hour airport day yesterday! I slept really well, made myself look pretty decent if I do say so myself and headed back to the airport this morning. The word is that I have a great chance of getting on my flight today!! HOORAYYYYY. I realllllly hope they are right. Say your prayers for me!
First thing this morning, I had to go pick up my bag and recheck it. I think it must have had about as rough of a day as I did. It was scuffed up all over, one of the little straps was almost severed through, and part of my waist buckle broke. Whoops. Hope that doesn't prove to be awful on the trip! Bright side is that I now look totally legit! You would think I've trekked all over the world with that thing by the looks of it. Now no one will be able to spot me as a first timer.
The hardest part of it all has been trying to communicate with Sarah. Poor thing. I'm sure she is doing wonderfully over there are her own, but most of this happened while she was sleeping last night. She woke up this morning to find out I didn't make it and we had to try to get ahold of each other. After about 15 facebook messages, a few texts, 5am phone calls to her parents and mine, a borrowed European phone, and an email or two we FINALLY got to talk!! We've got it all set up to meet in the afternoon tomorrow and get going! I swear I am going to scream and jump on her when I finally see her. I sure hope I get on this flight.

Things I have learned so far:
-bring your iPhone charger in your carry-on bag even if you don't think it will die
- having Internet on your phone is priceless
- you can wear clothes two days in a row and no one will know
- leggings are AWESOME
- my friends are funny. And great and helpful
- keeping a small empty duffel in your luggage is a great idea- you will need it

No comments:

Post a Comment